The Rohde Family

We're still here!!!

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Christmas Shoes 2011

This is the type of thing
that deserves it's own post.

This tradition has become a very popular
and widely known story.
I received texts, Facebook posts
and e-mails about the
story of 
The Christmas Shoes.
For the first time since it has started,
I had people begging for pictures
of the newest creations.

Thank you!

If you are new to the Christmas Shoes tradition,
you can read about it origins here!
You will not regret this.

So, without further adieu...

I give you

CHRISTMAS SHOES 2011


My mom's creation on the left, and mine on the right



My theme this year was
"A Jolly Holly Christmas"
I took some of my favorite things and 
and put them on another one of my favorite things,
FLIP-FLOPS!!!


Mom took a daring but intriguing route
with the theme of
"Christmas Shoes...on Shoes"


Yes, they are smaller shoes added
to the already glorious shoe base.


I went with pink as the main color
and added a pink poinsettia flower
with a feather boa 
and glitter
and smiley face stickers


OH, and rhinestone
trimming around the edge of the flip-flop



I could almost see this as another
Kardashian sister accessory.

The search for this year's Christmas Shoe
inspiration has already begun.

And...

If you are interested...

Once we have completed 
Christmas Shoes 2012...

We will be putting a calendar together
with pictures of all the shoes
that have been created thus far. 

Details will come later this year,
but we are considering
selling them for a very small price
so that you can have the spirit
of the Christmas Shoes
all year round.

What a great Christmas or birthday present this could make...
Just sayin!



1 comment:

Aki said...

pure awesomeness!!!