The Rohde Family

We're still here!!!

Monday, September 5, 2011

So Long Summer!!!

Alright buddies...

Let's get one thing straight before 
the hate letters come in.
This summer was a lot of fun. There were many adventures and exciting moments.
And did I have my camera for any of them?
NO!
It has made me a sad panda.
But I will do my best to add pictures as I go.

They just won't be my pictures...per say. 

July was full of fun!
We had a family "Minute to Win It" competition for
the 4th of July. 
SO MUCH FUN!
The whole family participated in this. 

We also decided to stick around for the
Murray 4th of July Parade
and
Festivities at the Park.

This was the coolest thing I have been to in years.
You know how in the movies
where they show a small town
4th of July Celebration
with the whole community at the park
and a concert and fireworks?
Yeah...
You missed out.
4th of July on Center Street was amazing.

Later in the month
Gina, Wendi, Andy, Andrea, Charly and I
went camping up
American Fork Canyon.
We had a riot!


We went to Cascade Springs during our
Saturday there. Mom and Dad
came up and had dinner with us that evening.
It was really hot during the days,
but the nights were perfect!
I can't wait to go again.

Charly was this excited the whole time. He was so good
and loved being outside. I love this puppy!
(PS - This is Andy and Andrea's "child".)

August wasn't as exciting.
It finally got super hot in the Valley.
Everyone who prayed for the warm weather
sure got it...I hope you're all happy.
We did do our Habitat for Humanity fundraiser...
Got rained out but still had fun!

And we managed to get a few baseball games in
before the season ended!

Today is Labor Day.
We spent most of the weekend relaxing
and spending time with family.
My Grandma Johnson
came down for the weekend.
She's 84 and sassy as can be!

So welcome September!
I am so excited for the fall.
It's my favorite time of year.
College football,
Hockey,
Halloween!
I can't wait.

I would also like to announce that there 
are some ideas brewing here on
Still Standing.
Changes may be coming later in the year
and they will be way fun.
(No, no babies or anything like that.)

So stay tuned...
And this time I promise to 
be better about taking pictures.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Don't you love how you have to clarify "no babies" whenever you put something like "stay tuned for big news" or "exciting things are about to happen" or "I'm sick". It's like you aren't allowed to have any fun outside of childrearing. :) Sounds like you had a great summer. I'm looking forward to the fall too.

H.M. Rohde said...

Very true my friend! I say anything and people jump all over me about having kids. Good gravy!