The Rohde Family

We're still here!!!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Food-gasim!

WARNING!!!

THIS POST IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART...
OR VEGETARIANS.

SOME PHOTOS MAY BE A LITTLE GRAPHIC
PARENTAL SUPERVISION
AND A NAPKIN IS ADVISED
AS THERE MAY BE EXCESSIVE DROOLING! 

Ok...are the kids and Vegans out of the room? 
Good!





 Mike introduced me to this amazing place over the weekend. He and his mother have been on the search for the best burger in Utah...and they found it! Welcome to Lucky 13. It's a bar and grill just west of the Spring Mobile Ballpark, home of the Salt Lake Bees. It's a clean place and the staff is awesome! Everyone is so nice and will keep that Diet Coke glass filled.

Because they are a bar, there is plenty of greasy food to choose from. But if you want a treat, order the fried pickles as your appetizer. SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!!!! (Side note - I have always wanted to name my little girl Pearl so that I could be the SWEET MOTHER OF PEARL!) But I digress. You will not regret this. It is not just a ball of fried grease. The pickle is still crunchy. AMAZING!

Now, here comes the good part. The burgers. OH THE BURGERS! I am ruined because I will not be able to eat a burger from another place for a very long time. I had the Stinky Cheese Bacon Burger. It's a huge patty with melted blue cheese and the most mind boggling smoked bacon ever. It is crunchy and chewy at the same time. It defies the laws of food physics. 


This is what my burger looked like, accept with blue cheese instead of cheddar. And yes, that is pepper and coarse salt on the fries. The fries stayed crunchy the whole time and weren't soggy. While I was eating this little piece of heaven, I had no words. I couldn't talk. It was really that good. 

So, next time you want a real burger, GO TO LUCKY 13! And yes, they also have salads and sandwiches, and they look just as good. They also have been voted to have the Best Man vs Food Challenge. Just go, really. You will thank me later.  



2 comments:

MeganC said...

HOLY HELL! That sounds amazing!

H.M. Rohde said...

PS - We are taking Rosie there for her belated birthday outing...JSYK!