The Rohde Family

We're still here!!!

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Only 19 days and 23 hours...

...Until Christmas! For the first time in a few years, I am very much looking forward to Christmas. Since Mike and I got married, Christmas has been a very stressful time of year. Mainly, it is all because of finances. Because of the medical bills that we have been trying to pay off for over two years, money has been tight. But this year, while money is still tight, it's not as bad as it was even a year ago. The Lord has blessed us beyond belief and I am so grateful for that. But I will get to that on another post.

In the meantime, it's officially Christmas time. We have had plenty of snow thus far and the air is as smoggy as can be...which means Winter is here in Utah. We even have done a little Christmas shopping so far, and I am one lucky girl. Let's just say my husband is treating me more and more like a "Princess" as time goes on. (Wink, wink, nudge, nudge!)

So last night, while Mike was playing a gig with his band, Molly Drive, my sister, Wendi, came over and helped my get my tree up. Our apartment is starting to look more like a home all the time. 


This year, I decided to go with the blue and white colors and I am very glad that I did. Wandi Loo did a wonderful job decorating and making the tree look wonderful!


I am pretty sure you can guess who's stocking is whose...and no, the pink stocking is not Mike's. Thank you to my sister in law, Amber, for the cute stocking hooks. Since we don't have a fireplace, the TV will work just as well.


This will be our 2nd Christmas on Center Street and I am so excited. I am so thankful that we are here and not in our old Avenues home...even if it was perfect for Halloween!



No comments: